nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nifi.web.proxy.host required with AWS Route53?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:42:32 GMT
Hi Richard,

That PR was merged [1] into master and will be released as part of Apache NiFi 1.6.0. I am
not certain of a release timeframe but I know that there has been discussion about performing
that release sooner rather than later. If you cannot wait to update or build from master,
I know Jeremy Dyer has bypassed this issue on AWS by populating the public DNS name as the
nifi.web.http(s).host property in nifi.properties.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2415 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2415>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 5:35 AM, Richard St. John <rstjohn@asymmetrik.com> wrote:
>
> Devs,
>
> We are not able to upgrade from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 due to the error below.  We have configured
a secure, 5-node cluster in AWS EC2 with Route53.  I’ve read that there has been a PR for
a white-listed proxy hosts override, ie. nifi.web.proxy.hosts property.  Is there any chance
of getting that in a minor release?  If not, what can be done to overcome the issue?

> System Error
> The request contained an invalid host header [bbb.aaa.ccc:8443] in the request [/nifi/].
Check for request manipulation or third-party intercept.