nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject Help with frontend-maven-plugin?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:02:19 GMT
The version of "frontend-maven-plugin" used in NiFi is out of date, and the versions of NPM
and Node referenced by it are also a bit old.

I wouldn't bring this up, except there is a bug in this version of NPM that can cause issues
when trying to download NPM packages via proxy server.

This is the error I'm seeing:

[INFO] --- frontend-maven-plugin:1.1:npm (npm install) @ nifi-web-ui ---
[INFO] Found proxies: [m-proxy{protocol='http', host='proxy..com', port=8080}, m-proxy-https{protocol='https',
host='proxy..com', port=8080}]
[INFO] Running 'npm --cache-min Infinity install --https-proxy=http://proxy..com:8080 --proxy=http://proxy..com:8080'
in C:\\nifi\nifi-nar-bundles\nifi-framework-bundle\nifi-framework\nifi-web\nifi-web-ui\target\frontend-working-directory
[INFO]

[ERROR] npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/d3/4.13.0
[ERROR] npm ERR! TypeError: Request path contains unescaped characters.
[ERROR] npm ERR!     at new ClientRequest (_http_client.js:53:11)
[ERROR] npm ERR!     at TunnelingAgent.exports.request (http.js:31:10)

I've been successful building if I leave the proxy behind, but I can only do that outside
of work... which makes it hard.  I tried just updating the version numbers for the components
involved, and the build does complete, but I'm left with a copy of NiFi Web UI that doesn't
work after deployment.

Thoughts? It would be great of one of the UI developers who's more familiar with NPM/Node
could look at this maybe?

Thanks,
  Peter