nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hive backward compatibily
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:20:50 GMT
Milan,

Unfortunately no, without code changes the Hive processors are not
compatible with Hive 1.1.x.  There were API changes both to the Java code
and the Thrift code (the latter adds the client_protocol field you
mentioned), so you can't change the version of the Hive dependencies and
get the NAR to compile. You'd have to make the code changes yourself and
build with the appropriate version of Hive. There are some vendor-specific
profiles (hortonworks, cloudera, mapr) that you can use when specifying
vendor-specific Hive versions.

Regards,
Matt