nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grande <apere...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi Flow Designer
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 00:39:38 GMT
My 2c.

Using NiFi registry for both NiFi and MiNiFi flows is ideal. For the
designer, IMO, adding another process/service to host it is not too great,
as it adds to the complexity of overall ecosystem (the nifi/minifi java/cpp
is already quite involved with c2 server, etc). I would like to see a
familiar NiFi UI concept evolve to have a 'profile' e.g. on a group level.
This profile would dictate which processors are available for that
particular runtime. The same profile eould be associated with a flow in the
registry.

The main concept is to stay within the same familiar design environment for
all deployment targets, but make NiFi understand what set of available
components and behaviors are available for the current target at hand.

Andrew