nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Aslan <scottyas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with frontend-maven-plugin?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 15:11:15 GMT
Hey there Peter,

I am not sure that the frontend-maven-plugin is out of date or old (the
last commit was November 2017). NiFi is running version 1.1 of this plugin
and NiFi Registry is running version 1.5. The frontend-maven-plugin
downloads versions
of Node and npm from https://nodejs.org/dist, extracts them and puts them
into a node folder created in your installation directory. You can change
the version of this maven plugin here
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-ui/pom.xml#L362>.
Node will only be "installed" locally to your project. It will not be
installed globally on the whole system (and it will not interfere with any
Node installations already present). Node then installs npm. If the issue
you are encountering is with the version of npm, then you can change the
version of node or npm in the pom.xml here
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-ui/pom.xml#L27>
. If you have configured proxy settings for Maven
<http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html> in your
settings.xml file, the frontend-maven-plugin will automatically use the
proxy for downloading node and npm, as well as passing the proxy to npm
commands <https://docs.npmjs.com/misc/config#proxy>.

-Scott