nifi-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] nifi 1.6.0 release
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:16:13 GMT
Alrighty team.  Looks like we're at a good point to cut a 1.6.0
release.  I'm starting the RC process now.  The only thing 'new' in
terms of process is I think we're dropping one of the message digest
types.  Will look into that as I get to that point.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Michael Moser <moser.mw@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like NIFI-4774 [1] isn't quite done.  It has one committed PR [2]
> which changed the default FlowFileRepository implementation to
> SequentialAccessWriteAheadLog.  It has another PR [3] that allows users to
> opt into the old FFR implementation, and this seems really close to being
> ready.
>
> [1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4774
> [2] - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2416
> [3] - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2487
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 6:40 AM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i plan to start rm processes early next week.  ill send a note with the
>> commit ill base off of but if anything pops up in particular pls advise.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> On Mar 12, 2018 10:34 PM, "Andy LoPresto" <alopresto@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I’d like to finish reviewing PR 2085 [1] for OAuth2 controller service
>> > inclusion as well as NIFI-4942 [2]. What is the expected timeframe for a
>> > release candidate?
>> >
>> > [1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2085
>> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4942
>> >
>> > Andy LoPresto
>> > alopresto@apache.org
>> > *alopresto.apache@gmail.com <alopresto.apache@gmail.com>*
>> > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>> >
>> > On Mar 12, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Joe,
>> >
>> > Nope, not a 1.6 blocker, just a nice to have.
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Mike, Michael,
>> >
>> > Both items noted seem fair for inclusion in whatever release vehicle
>> > follows them being merged but neither look like they'd impact release
>> > timing.  Please advise if I'm misreading either of those.
>> >
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Joe
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Michael Moser <moser.mw@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I would like to finish up NIFI-3599
>> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3599>, which just needs some
>> > contributer / review agreement.
>> >
>> > -- Another Mike
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > If we could get this patch for HBase visibility labels merged before,
>> >
>> > I'd
>> >
>> > appreciate it.
>> >
>> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2518
>> >
>> > If anyone else has patches they'd like to see merged, feel to ping me on
>> > GitHub, and I'll help out with a code review.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Mike
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Team,
>> >
>> > Looks like a ton of great work already in JIRA making a nifi 1.6.0
>> > release pretty easily justified.  Lots of nice bug fixes/improvements
>> > and notable we relaxed the http header corruption restrictions which
>> > fixed a potential security risk but also created operations
>> > challenges.
>> >
>> > Any glaring things to hold up on?  Doing this soon doesn't preclude
>> > doing another release soon but it feels like we need to get out a
>> > release again.
>> >
>> > I'm happy to RM unless someone is really looking to do so.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>

Mime
View raw message