nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCPConnectionPool encrypted password
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 14:30:36 GMT
Toivo,

I think there needs to be some improvements around variables &
sensitive property handling, but it is a challenging situation.

Some things you could investigate with the current capabilities..

- With the registry scenario, you could define a DBCPConnectionPool at
the root process group of each of your environments, then all your
versioned process groups can reference the DBCPConnectionPool from the
level above. When deploying a versioned flow you would still need to
go in the first time and update any processors to reference the
appropriate connection pool, but maybe this could be scripted?

- Similar to above, but if each versioned process group had its own
DBCPConnectionPool, then maybe after importing the flow you can script
the process of setting the password on the connection pool.

- You could possibly implement a custom version of DBCPConnectionPool
that obtained the password from somewhere outside the flow, although
this isn't great because it only works for this one component.

-Bryan