nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Status history graphs over 24hrs (v1.3.0)
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:54:51 GMT
Hey Phil,

There are two properties that control this:

nifi.components.status.repository.buffer.size=1440
nifi.components.status.snapshot.frequency=1 min

The snapshot.frequency tells NiFi how often to take a 'snapshot' of the stats on your canvas
and add to the 'Status History'.
The buffer.size says how many of these to hold in memory.

So the default is to take a snapshot every minute and keep 1,440 minutes' worth (which is
24 hours). If you want to expand this
to a week, you can do so by making the buffer size larger or by making the snapshot frequency
less often. Keep in mind, though,
that there are a lot of stats being collected so if you have a lot of processors, the amount
of heap/memory that gets used up can
grow pretty quickly. I'd recommend changing the snapshot frequency to "5 mins" and the buffer
size to 2016 to make 7 days' worth
of stats.

You'll also want to keep in mind that these stats are all stored in memory so if you restart
NiFi, you will lose the stats that you've gathered.

Of note, I am currently working on NIFI-5466 [1], which should significantly reduce the amount
of memory needed to store the stats, especially
for processors that are stopped.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
-Mark