nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Anyone using HashAttribute?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 01:52:34 GMT
I opened PRs for 2980 [1] and 2983 [2] which add more performant, consistent, and full-featured
processors to calculate cryptographic hashes of flowfile content and flowfile attributes.
I would like to deprecate and drop support for HashAttribute, as it performs a convoluted
calculation that was probably useful in an old scenario, but doesn’t “hash attributes”
like the name implies. As it blocks the new implementation from using that name and following
our naming convention, I am hoping to find anyone still using the old implementation and understand
their use case. Thanks for your help.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2980 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2980>
[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2983 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2983>

Andy LoPresto