nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Villard <pierre.villard...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Stale PRs
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2018 15:33:18 GMT
Hi,

The number of open PRs is still growing and it could make think people that
the project is not healthy/active (even though a quick look at the last
commit date or the commits rate is a clear indication that the project is
healthy).

In order to encourage people to review code and keep active discussions on
the PRs, I suggest to find a way to keep this number as small as possible.
To do so, I'd like to ask the wider community if the approach taken by a
project like Apache Beam would be a good idea:

"A pull request becomes stale after its author fails to respond to
actionable comments for 60 days. Author of a closed pull request is welcome
to reopen the same pull request again in the future."

This approach is managed by a file [1] in the .github directory of the
repository.

What do you think about this approach?

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/.github/stale.yml

Pierre