nifi-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I withdraw this PR?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 17:38:33 GMT
Joe,

I decided to just drop it and move it over to my private repo here:

https://github.com/MikeThomsen/nifi-datageneration-bundle

There it's part of a much bigger bundle focused on using NiFi for test data
generation.

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:38 PM Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike
>
> I'd say there are a couple of options.
>
> 1) Don't add the nar to the nifi-assembly.  Leave the source in there.
> It still gets built.  Just dont bundle the nar in the resulting build
> by default.  You could have a profile based activation to include it
> like is done for hive3 i believe - for example.  If you do this you
> also dont need any of the licensing/notice impacts to show up in the
> nifi-assembly/L&N.
>
> 2) Don't merge at all.  Keep this outside of the project in its own
> github repo.  Provide instructions on how to build, include in nifi,
> and make a great blog on how it can be used to test nifi record
> oriented flows/configurations/etc.  Going this route means it is
> outside the community but still useful and helpful to the community.
>
> I haven't looked into it in detail to know how big it is nor how
> configurable/capable it is for generating useful sample data for
> exercising record processors and configurations.  So, i dont have a
> strong preference/understanding relative to which of the above options
> is best.  I'd defer to you or folks that reviewed more closely.
>
> Thanks
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 3:55 PM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2813
> >
> > I have been building a bundle that complements it. Repo is here:
> >
> > https://github.com/MikeThomsen/nifi-datageneration-bundle/
> >
> > Joe raised a valid point in the PR about us being space-constrained in
> the
> > assembly, and so I'm wondering if I should just move it over to that repo
> > and point the Jira ticket to it.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message