nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Variable / Nifi-EL for RPG Endpoint?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 20:21:33 GMT
Sorry Jon, I made the assumption that you were talking about saving a
flow to NiFi Registry from say you dev environment and then importing
into another environment and figuring out how to deal with the RPG
URL.

The process I described is how RPG URLs are handled with versioned
flows in NiFi Registry, but if you are taking a different approach
based around templates, or some other mechanism, then you are correct
that the target URL doesn't currently support EL.

Traditionally EL is primarily for property descriptors which are the
fields on the properties tab of processors, controller services, and
reporting tasks. So RPG URLs kind of fall outside of that, not to say
it can't ever be supported, but I haven't thought through all the
ramifications of what that mean internally in the framework.