nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Stale PRs
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2018 13:38:44 GMT
In Metron we just put something like this in place, but not using a bot.
We limit it to PR’s where the contributor has gone inactive.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Development+Guidelines

2.6.1 Inactive Pull Requests

Contributions can often take a significant amount of time to complete the
code review process. This process requires active participation from the
contributor. If the contributor is unable to actively participate, the pull
request is unlikely to successfully complete this process.

Pull Requests that have failed to receive active participation from the
contributor for an extended period of time risk being abandoned. Any
committer can submit a request for Apache Infra to close a pull request
that has been abandoned according to the following guidelines.

   - A pull request is 'inactive' if no comments or updates have been made
   by the contributor in the previous 4 weeks.

   - For any 'inactive' pull request, a committer can request from the
   contributor justification for keeping the pull request open.

   - The committer's request should be made as a public comment on the pull
   request. The committer should refer the contributor to these development
   guidelines for inactive pull requests.

   - If the contributor publically responds to the request, the pull
   request is no longer consider 'inactive'.

   - If the contributor does not respond to the request within 2 weeks, the
   pull request is considered 'abandoned'.

   - A committer can cast a -1 vote on any 'abandoned' pull request using
   these development guidelines as justification.

   - A committer can submit a request to Apache Infra to close the
   'abandoned' pull request based on this -1 vote.

On September 15, 2018 at 22:22:17, Mike Thomsen (mikerthomsen@gmail.com)