nifi-dev mailing list archives

From DAVID SMITH <davidrsm...@btinternet.com.INVALID>
Subject Help with loading a file into a cache
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 12:08:44 GMT
Hi Devs
I am running a NiFi 1.8 cluster, each node has 128Gb of Ram. I need to load the contents of
a file of which is around 5Gb in size  into a Key/Value cache.
The file I want to load is produced by another company so the format it comes in is not negotiable.
The file contains thousands of lines in the following format:-
<index value1>:{<property1 name>: <property1 value>, <property2 name>:<property2
value>}<index value2>:{<property1 name>: <property1 value>, <property2
name>:<property2 value>}
<index value3>:{<property1 name>: <property1 value>, <property2 name>:<property2
value>}

I want the index value to become the Key and everything  beyond the colon to become the
value.
What would be the most efficient way of reading the file, and parsing it to load into a cache,
I thought of reading in the file, using a split content on CR/LF and then splitting on the
first colon.I have noticed in 1.8 there are some CSV and JSON Readers (controller services),
would these be a better way of doing this, but the problem I can see is that the file isn't
quite a CSV and it isn't quite a JSON Array file.
Many thanksDave