nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Martini, Adam" <Adam.Mart...@nike.com>
Subject NiFi Registry over HTTPS
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 23:24:27 GMT
Hello all,

We have NiFi Registry 0.2.0 spun up with an nginx proxy and SSL termination such that our
services is being served over https without using NiFi’s builtin security configurations.

We are able to add the registry service to NiFi using our HTTPS endpoint and everything works
perfectly.  However, we see errors when we restart NiFi:
org.apache.nifi.controller.serialization.FlowSynchronizationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Failed to create Flow Registry for URI https://nifi-registry.test.streams.nikecloud.com/ because
this NiFi is not configured with a Keystore/Truststore, so it is not capable of communicating
with a secure Registry. Please populate NiFi's Keystore/Truststore properties or connect to
a NiFi Registry over http instead of https.

Is there a work around that will allow us to use this nginx proxy architecture with NiFi Registry?
HTTPS is historically an important requirement for us but we do not need, or desire, the complexity
of a NiFi’s builtin security.

Thanks,

Adam Martini

Senior Software Engineer