nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Kawamura <ijokaruma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of MetricsReportingTask?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 02:27:26 GMT
Hi Jon,

About reporting counter values, there is an existing JIRA for the
improvement idea to expose counters to Reporting task context. That
requires NiFi framework level improvements. I'd suggest taking a look
on it, and resuming discussion there if needed.

Although MetricsReportingTask currently only supports Graphite, the
component is well designed for generic reporting use-cases. I don't
think it is a legacy component. The underlying dropwizard metrics
project seems active, too.
https://github.com/dropwizard/metrics

I'm interested in what service implementation you're going to write.
Is it going to use one of already available reporters?
https://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/manual/third-party/

Thanks,
Koji