nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Extension Registry
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 18:15:52 GMT
Group selection based on tag names for bundles could probably do that.
Meaning it could be a sorting/filtering mechanism in the NiFi/Registry
interface perhaps.  Will be good to consider that UX as that
progresses.

As far as the different environments NiFi instances would certainly be
able to load only referenced Nars for versioned flows so you'll get
the optimal set (at runtime) automatically.  Very powerful.
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM Mark Bean <mark.o.bean@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I envision the Registry being able to provide a subset of NARs required for
> a specific NiFi instance. The user may have a relatively small set of NARs
> required for a NiFi used for basic routing/distribution, and a different
> more extensive set of NARs required for a more robust NiFi instance which
> performs various forms of processing/transformations. The grouping I am
> describing would be a way to select multiple NARs required for a specific
> NiFi instance.
>
> Expanding the scenario a little farther, suppose an integration/test
> environment defines the group. Then, the production environment can use the
> group definition to pull (or ensure it possesses) only the relevant NARs
> necessary.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:00 PM Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Mark
> >
> > Can you describe your use case from the user perspective both for the
> > entity that would upload the items and demarcate them as a group as
> > well as the user that would consume those bundles?
> >
> > I ask because the point here is that nars are themselves a 'group' in
> > that they are a logical/contained grouping of extensions.  These can
> > have relationships to other nars as we know.  And flows are designed
> > against specific components that come from certain nars for which we
> > know the precise coordinates.  When importing flows that depend on
> > these the system will be able to automatically acquire all that it
> > needs.
> >
> > Thanks
> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:57 PM Mark Bean <mark.o.bean@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to see a "group" capability in the Registry for NAR bundles.
> > > Then, users can create their own customized grouping of relevant NARs.
> > > Managing bundles one at a time will become tedious.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

> > sivaprasanna246@gmail.com>

> > that