nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Logan <jmlo...@buffalo.edu>
Subject Re: Status of MetricsReportingTask?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 19:24:17 GMT
We were planning on having a reporter to pipe the metrics off to AWS
CloudWatch. The one issue being ran into -- and we've ran into it for other
components -- is the classloading. What is the recommended way of adding
alternate implementations of services (in this case MetricReporterService)?
We run into issues that I think stem from classloading isolation between
NARs, such that our custom implementations of services are not being
detected from the other NAR's context. We end up having to duplicate the
service into our custom NAR, but that hardly seems like a good idea.

Thanks!
Jon