nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] Re: [DISCUSS] Early, voluntary relocation to GitBox
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2018 22:10:33 GMT
Aldrin,

Your comments have left me confused. Yes, in the past, I would always `-s` to sign the commits
and push them. But isn't the idea behind the improved GitHub integration is that now I can
just go to the PR and tell GitHub to accept the PR after I've reviewed it. Thus the manual
act of amending the commit and signing it does not happen. Does that mean there is no Sign
Off happening to the commit?

--Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Aldrin Piri [mailto:aldrinpiri@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 2:32 PM
To: dev <dev@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [DISCUSS] Early, voluntary relocation to GitBox

That level of interoperability is not there and, from some quick searching, do not believe
it to be something that is supported. [1]

Not sure what is meant by sign-off being automated.  Personally, I use the -s flag when amending/pushing
reviewed commits.

[1]
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_and

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 3:34 PM Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pwicks@micron.com>
wrote:

> Does closing a PR through GitHub close the JIRA ticket correctly? I'm
> assuming sign-off is automated this way, but wasn't sure about this step.
>
> Thanks,
>   Peter

Doran <
98A6 5A3F D3C4