nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributions and getting started
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 05:51:37 GMT
Ryan,

I'm glad to join my NiFi community colleagues by saying "welcome
aboard!!" and we'll do our best to get you up and running :) For the
Jira part, Apache's Jira lets you create a case without being a
contributor for that particular project. For that reason, there are a
few NIFI cases out there that have In Progress or Patch Available (or
other statuses) with nobody assigned. If the status is Patch Available
and there is a link to a GitHub PR (even if  the Jira is Unassigned),
IMO you can safely assume that the PR author is "assigned" to the case
and that the NiFi PMC/committers will review when they can. If it is
"In Progress" with nobody assigned and no attached patch or link to a
GitHub PR, please let us know to make sure it doesn't get missed. I
personally (if not already suggested by our contributor docs)
recommend you create an Apache Jira account, and if/when you have one,
we can add you as a contributor so you can assign case(s) to yourself,
just let us know your username and that you'd like to be a
contributor.

AFAIK, the Travis service and many of us build the entire repo without
needing to active the grpc profile (there are a few profiles not
activated by default), so we'd be very interested in any build
failures you may encounter. Looking forward to working with you!

Cheers,
Matty B