nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Withers <withers.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Contributions and getting started
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 23:56:03 GMT
To whom it may concern,

  So my goal is to begin making contributions to the nifi product.  Right
now I'm just trying to build the product from source and having some
difficulty.

I've listed out the branches associated with the following repository (git
clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/nifi.git)

I don't see any support branches related to 1.8.0 and it seems like the
master branch has already been bumped to 1.9.0.   I recognize that if I
want to contribute a change it likely has to be done against 1.9.0 rather
than 1.8.0 but I've been having build issues against 1.9.0.  However, I did
have a successful build against support/nifi-1.7.x.

Once I have the appropriate version of the source compiling I plan to pick
an issue from your jira instance which I've been reading through.  Then
perform a modification and walk through the pull request process.  With
Jira I'm noticing there are some stories that say "in progress" or "patch
available" but none of them have an assignee.  Is the transition between
these states driven by automation or are people manually updating the
stories in Jira?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

--