nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "matthewmichala@northwesternmutual.com" <matthewmich...@northwesternmutual.com>
Subject RE: Help with NiFi LookupRecord & MergeRecord Processors
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 22:57:03 GMT
FYI, I did get the following responses from the Stack Overflow Nifi Tag Site - so until the
DB Lookup Service is available, does anyone have any other workaround or custom built solutions:

Stack Overflow Reply 1:

When you use LookupRecord, what LookupService are you using? There currently is not a released
implementation of a LookupService that works against a relatonial DB, although there is active
work to implement one

Stack Overflow Reply 2:

MergeRecord understands records and can merge them together as proper JSON. In both cases
though, merging is not joining, merging is writing content or records one after another to
create larger flow files.

-----Original Message-----
From: matthewmichala@northwesternmutual.com <matthewmichala@northwesternmutual.com>

Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 5:51 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Help with NiFi LookupRecord & MergeRecord Processors

NiFi Developers,

I'm a senior engineer at Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee, and was just wondering if  anyone
can help us with the NiFi LookupRecord, or MergeRecord Processors?

We keep getting this error when trying to use any Lookup Service (NiFi or 3rd party) to append
additional attributes to our initial DB2 Query:

     Failed to lookup coordinates {LEGAL_ENTITY_ID_NUM=13366} in Lookup Service

Has anyone had any success merging data from 2 different sql queries based on a common Unique
ID from both queries?   We've tried LookupRecord which uses the Lookup Service, and also tried
MergeRecord, and MergeContent - nothing seems to work??

Bottom line is - we have an initial main query (ID & Status) - then want to append an
additional attribute (Name) from a 2nd query (which just contains ID & Name) - onto each
record of the main query - after joining on ID.

Whenever we try using LookupRecord, and pass the ID as a parameter via ? marks, we keep getting
the above error.  We've gotten nowhere with MergeRecord too.  We have learned how to MergeContent,
but that is not really what we want (is just a workaround).
Thanks & Regards,

Matt Michala
Senior Engineer
Digital Workplace & Corp. Solutions
Northwestern Mutual (T07-150)
414-661-4668

Thanks & Regards,

Matt Michala
Senior Engineer
Digital Workplace & Corp. Solutions
Northwestern Mutual (T07-150)
414-661-4668

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of Northwestern Mutual.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the
sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications with
{SECURE MESSAGE} in the subject line have been sent using a secure messaging system. Communications
that do not have this tag may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank
you for your cooperation.