nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi and MiNiFi Compatability?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 01:39:12 GMT
Hi Jon,

When you say point against the latest version of NiFi, I'm going to assume
you are talking about the transmission of data across Site to Site.  From
that standpoint, there are no issues.

What can be problematic is the reusing of NARs in MiNiFi depending on
framework level changes that may occur in the API.

There is an effort underway to make MiNIFi a specialized assembly of NiFi
to more tightly integrate its usage of the core NiFi libraries it is
already making use of.  This is captured in MINIFI-422 [1].  Typically,
several folks in the community have bespoke flows and configurations that
they use to verify these interactions as parts of both releases in addition
to some of the integration tests in the MiNiFI codebase itself.

Let me know if there are other questions or areas of clarification needed.

--aldrin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-422