nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regular expression question
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 23:04:19 GMT
Hi Rick,

If you are putting these into a field like “Filename Filter” in the GetFile processor,
it is not expecting NiFi Expression Language but a Java regular expression. To accomplish
this, use a string like the following (before the <— indicating an explanation):

^e510.* <— Must start with ‘e510’ then allows any number of subsequent characters
.*e510.* <— Allows any string containing ‘e510’
^e510.*\.xml <— Accepts any file that starts with ‘e510’ and ends with ‘.xml’

For more information, you can read about how Java parses regular expressions here [1].

If you are attempting to do an Expression Language evaluation, ensure the property you are
using is marked “Supports Expression Language: True (Scope: Attributes)” in the docs (or
mouse over the small “?” icon).

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Mar 12, 2019, at 3:23 PM, Rick Medlin <Rick.Medlin@MedImpact.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to filter for a particular file name and I've tried both of these expressions.
 The file name begins with e510:

> ${filename:contains('e510')}
> ${filename:startsWith('e510')}
>
> Both of them return errors saying that they are not valid Java Regular Expressions.
I'm new to Nifi so I don't know if something is off in our environment or not.  Any assistance
would be appreciated.

> Rick Medlin
> Software Engineer IV
>
> 858-790-6495  office
>

> rick.medlin@medimpact.com<mailto:rick.medlin@medimpact.com>
> www.medimpact.com<http://www.medimpact.com/>
>
> MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
> 10181 Scripps Gateway Ct.
> San Diego, CA 92131

> This transmission, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of those
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law and/or may contain confidential individually identifiable
health information protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
of 1996 ("HIPAA") and other statutes. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any distribution or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If
you received this transmission in error, please notify the original sender immediately and