nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding schema inference
Date Tue, 21 May 2019 18:07:02 GMT
Mike,

Check AbstractRouteRecord, it uses the read-first-get-schema-read-rest
pattern. However for that snippet, it is the RecordReader that is
possibly updating the schema (currently the only thing that does this
is schema inference), then the RecordSetWriter is created using the
(possibly updated) schema. For your PR, you might need to update the
schema manually and then pass that into the
RecordSetWriterFactory.getSchema() call.

Now that I think of it, you might be the first to do this
automatic-schema-update-on-write thing (if you choose to do so). I
thought NIFI-5524 [1] had been implemented but apparently not.

Regards,
Matt