nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registry Root Template
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 13:49:22 GMT
Craig,

You should be able to just create one additional process group to wrap
everything that would have been on your root canvas.

For example, if you normally have 10 process groups on your root
canvas, then put all of them inside one process group and have just
that one process group on your root canvas, then version control that
PG and you have your base template as your described.

The only limitation of this is that remote ports for site-to-site can
only exist on the root canvas so right now they can't be version
controlled, which is admittedly annoying.

There is active work to make all ports support site-to-site [1], so
once that is completed this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Thanks,

Bryan

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3351

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Craig Knell <craig.knell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I thought so.
> It’s a shame as we’d love to have a base template from registry
>
> Best regards
>
> Craig Knell
>
> Mobile 61 402128615
> Skype craigknell
>
> > On 22 May 2019, at 08:07, Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > No, the root group is not available for flow versioning. You can version any child
process groups, and can easily take a flow or flow segment that is on the root and move it
to a process group by right-clicking the selected components (include connections) and select
“Group”.