nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Kawamura <ijokaruma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message sending to JMS through MQ gives error-Transport scheme NOT recognized:
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 01:23:42 GMT
Hello,

PutJMS is deprecated, PublishJMS is recommended instead.
PublishJMS uses JMSConnectionFactoryProvider Controller Service, in
which you can specify "MQ ConnectionFactory Implementation" and "MQ
Client Libraries path (i.e., /usr/jms/lib)".
You will need to download HornetQ from here, extract it and point the
lib dir at JMSConnectionFactoryProvider "MQ Client Libraries path".

I didn't have no experience with HornetQ, but I downloaded it and try
connecting PublishJMS to it.
However, unfortunately it seems that NiFi JMSConnectionFactoryProvider
doesn't support HornetQ currently.
Because HornetQConnectionFactory needs few application code to
initialize connection factory with service locator, example is
available in the link below.
While NiFi JMSConnectionFactoryProvider uses default constructor and
that can't initialize service locator.
https://gist.github.com/caandradeduarte/a527712241c1e1c6d86b171362b58b78

I think you need a custom JMSConnectionFactoryProviderDefinition
implementation to connect NiFi to HornetQ.
I may be wrong since this is the first time I used HornetQ..

Thanks,
Koji