nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi 2.0 Roadmap
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 17:01:15 GMT
Peter,

Yeah I think we're all circling around similar thoughts on things which are
'best for a major release' and we need to start codifying that.  At the
same time we need this to be focused on items which can only reasonably
happen in a major release and not become a new kitchen sink for
JIRAs/ideas.  We should frame up a wiki page for this effort.  I'm happy to
kick that off soon (time permitting).  In my mind the key domino here is
having a Flow Registry that can hold extensions and we can then make nifi
2.0 fundamentally about distributing nifi as a kernel (small as possible)
and all extensions come from a flow registry on demand.  Other obvious
things like Java 11 as the base requirement and killing off deprecated
things come to mind.

Thanks