nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First contribution - did I do it right?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 22:10:55 GMT
Generally opening a JIRA and submitting a PR is all there is to it. You can
also put the jira in the “patch available” state, although this was
originally used more before we used GitHub, when people actually attached
patches to JIRAs, but technically a PR is still an available patch.

Getting a reviewer can sometimes be tough... there are lots of
contributions (a good thing), but only so many reviewers, and then within
the reviewers only a few of them are probably familiar with the part of the
code being changed, so it can take some time for one of them to be free.

We appreciate anything you choose to contribute, and it’s totally fine to
submit several different pull requests, unless there is some order of
changes that needs to occur.

Hope that helps.

-Bryan

--