nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject Thoughts on an internal "Terminate" handler for special processors
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:17:47 GMT
I've run into a few cases where a processor that works with external resources (DBCP especially)
will hang and can't be properly terminated. I was thinking it would make sense to have an
interface or annotation that these processors could have that would flag them for "special"
termination.

For example. In DBCP processors we could put a reference to the current statement, and then
when a terminate is received we can call into the processor and ask it to perform it's special
termination process, which in this case would be to cancel the statement.

I've heard similar complaints concerning ExecuteStreamCommand, but have not experienced it.

Any thoughts on this? It would only be for the Terminate option, it would not affect normal
operation states such as Stop.

Thanks,
  Peter Wicks