nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Owens, Mark" <jmow...@evoforge.org>
Subject getStatusHistory question
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 12:49:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a task that requires retrieving some StatusHistory objects. I have a question
concerning the getConnectionStatusHistory method in FlowController.

The method takes parameters for a start date, end date, and preferred  data points returned.
 The call chain then goes as follows:

FlowController.java:

public StatusHistoryDTO getConnectionStatusHistory(final String connectionId, final Date startTime,
final Date endTime, final int preferredDataPoints) {
        return StatusHistoryUtil.createStatusHistoryDTO(componentStatusRepository.getConnectionStatusHistory(connectionId,
startTime, endTime, preferredDataPoints));
}

The call to componentStatusRepository.getConnectionStatusHistory(..) passes to VolatileComponentStatusRepository.java

@Override
public StatusHistory getConnectionStatusHistory(final String connectionId, final Date start,
final Date end, final int preferredDataPoints) {
   return getStatusHistory(connectionId, true, DEFAULT_CONNECTION_METRICS);
}

But at this point the start/end/preferred parameters are ignored as getStatusHistory is called
without making any use of them.

I had provided the filter parameters since I was only interested in a subset of objects. Am
I missing something in this call chain? If not, is the dropping of these parameters intentional
but undocumented? If not intentional I can update the code to honor these parameters, but
I wanted to see if the ignoring of the parameters should have been expected. If it is, perhaps
some comment in the code indicating that the parameters will be ignored would be helpful in
preventing one from thinking they are going to be utilized.

Thanks,
Mark