nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <r...@windofkeltia.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time based release cycles
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2019 15:39:01 GMT
Kafka is first-rate, rock-star technology, just as is NiFi.

It would be nice to find something from Kafka elaborating on how this
regular and accelerated release cadence is working out for them, how
much more work it's been, what problems they've experienced, etc.

I show their releases over the last couple of years as below[1]. The
cadence appears to be settling into the the 4-month cycle proposed. It's
possible to discern a maintenance schedule. It doesn't exactly match
NiFi's 0.x and 1.x efforts (which were simultaneous for some time too),
but it's clear they've faced similar complexity (maybe a little more
though for a shorter time). And, of course, there's no meaningful way to
compare the effort going into and features implemented in Kafka by
comparison with NiFi.

2019
2.3.1    24 October
2.3.0    25 June