nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Want to be minifi committer
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2019 02:49:53 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear about your interest in MiNiFi!  MiNiFi's processes and
procedures are not significantly different than those of NiFi, so the
Contributor Guide [1] is a great reference point for how to engage.

As you are likely aware, we have both Java and C++ implementations.  Based
on your listed experience, it seems the Java variant would be the best for
core development, but we also have some extensions and testing code in
place that is written in Python.

You can find issues for our Java [2] and C++ [3] to see if there is
anything you would like to work on.  You mentioned some gaps that you would
like to see improved, feel free to create issues where appropriate to and
engage with the broader community via the mailing lists or on issues you
create.

Welcome to the community and we're looking forward to insights you have
regarding the medical world.  Adding to our breadth of experiences and
backgrounds helps make our project better so we are happy to have your
efforts and energies in any way you would like to apply them.  Feel free to
follow up with any additional questions and we'll be happy to help you
along your journey as best we can.

--aldrin

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINIFI