nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about ListenTCP processor
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2021 05:53:40 GMT
It is in the base class
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/aa741cc5967f62c3c38c2a47e712b7faa6fe19ff/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-extension-utils/nifi-processor-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processor/util/listen/AbstractListenEventBatchingProcessor.java#L50

> On Jan 26, 2021, at 21:31, Hodor, Paul <Paul.Hodor@seattlechildrens.org.INVALID>
wrote:

> One of the constraints of the ListenTCP processor is that it delimites incoming data
by the “line feed” or “newline” character. I am looking at its source code at https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/ListenTCP.java.
Could you give me a hint where this constraint is defined. I don’s see it in the processor
source code, so I assume it must come from another class that is being used.

> The reason I am asking is because we are trying to modify the processor to use a different
delimiter character.

> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected
by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message.