nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Young <lyo...@zdatainc.com>
Subject Minifi -> Nifi Site to Site Issues
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:30:06 GMT
Hello,
  I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any posts about resolving
this issue. I set this same type of config in Google Cloud and it works
fine. However, something is wrong with our configuration in our environment
and I can't seem to figure it out but I think it's some type of bug.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here's the scenario:
Overview:
  We have a nifi cluster (2 nodes), we have enabled all of the Site-to-Site
settings on both nifi nodes.

# Site to Site properties
nifi.remote.input.host=abcd
nifi.remote.input.secure=false
nifi.remote.input.socket.port=1234
nifi.remote.input.http.enabled=true
nifi.remote.input.http.transaction.ttl=30 sec
nifi.remote.contents.cache.expiration=30 secs

However, the minifi-app.log keeps getting the following errors when we try
to start the flow.
2020-12-14 19:19:19,595 INFO [main] o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController
Not enabling RAW Socket Site-to-Site functionality because
nifi.remote.input.socket.port is not set
2020-12-14 19:19:19,595 INFO [main] o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController
Not enabling HTTP(S) Site-to-Site functionality because the
'nifi.remote.input.http.enabled' property is not true

However, if I look at the RPG in Nifi, it doesn't show any error saying
that the site "is not configured for site to site communication". If I
change the nifi.remote.input.socket.port to 'ABC', then the RPG in the Nifi
UI shows the error message "not configured for site to site". Therefore, it
seems as though Nifi knows it is configured for site to site but minifi
doesn't believe so. I am seeing some communication between Minifi and Nifi
via the nifi-api but nothing for site to site.
Therefore, the main question is what would make minifi not recognize that
the nifi RPG is configured for RAW site to site communication?

Another odd issue on the Nifi side is that when I create an RPG and an
Input port and then I try to connect a GenerateFlowFile processor to the
RPG, I get an error stating that "no input ports are available". We have 2
other environments plus my GCP environment that does not get that error
when I do the exact same thing.
We have gone over the Nifi node settings to try to ensure that clustering
is setup properly and we think it looks good and other process groups are
working fine (that don't use RPG's).
We've restarted the nifi services multiple times.
Another note is that we have the Java Minifi 0.5.0 running on Windows and
the Nifi nodes are Linux.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

[image: Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.29.42 AM.png]

Thanks,
Lee

*--*

*Lee Young   -   Solutions Architect*