nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Marton Szasz <sza...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.9.0 release
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:55:11 GMT
Hi community,

I'd like to initiate a discussion about the next release of MiNiFi C++. The
last release was over a year ago, and there have been countless new
features, bug fixes and stability improvements committed to the development
branch since then.

Some highlights from the last year:
- Added support for RocksDB-based content repository for better performance
- Added SQL extension
- Improved task scheduling
- Various C2 improvements
- Bug fixes and improvements to TailFile, ConsumeWindowsEventLog,
MergeContent, CompressContent, PublishKafka, InvokeHTTP
- Implemented RetryFlowFile and smart handling of loopback connections
- Added a way to encrypt sensitive config properties and the flow
configuration
- Implemented full S3 support
- Reduced memory footprint when working with many flow files

Why 0.9.0 instead of 0.8.0?
The codebase is starting to stabilize and we're getting closer to a 1.0
milestone, but I feel like the extension API is not yet something we can
commit to support in the long term. Additionally, a release branch for
0.8.0 has been created earlier, but it was not released, and with all the
new development it wouldn't make sense to release it.

Do you think 0.9.0 is a good target, or would you go with 0.8.0 or 1.0
instead? Are there any blockers that should definitely make it into the
next release?

Thanks,
Marton