nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Castello <and...@scientiamobile.com>
Subject Submitting a new NiFi processor
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:09:28 GMT
Hello,

   I've developed a NiFi processor that enriches data from an HTTP request
(User-Agent and other HTTP request headers) with data from WURFL device
detection API (detect device make and model and provide attributes and
capabilities of the browsing device).

The device detection microservice (docker images, AWS ami or Azure/GCP vms)
is accessed via a client API - the WM Java client
<https://github.com/WURFL/wurfl-microservice-client-java> - which is
released under the Apache License but requires a commercial WURFL
Microservice to work. So, before forking the NIfi repo and submitting any
PR, I'd like to understand if connecting to a service with a commercial
license may cause my contribution to be refused.

Thank you. Best,

Andrea Castello

Disclosure: I am one of the developers of WURFL Microservice, whose client
library has been used to develop this processor.