nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache NiFi 1.13.0
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:40:06 GMT
Team,

There is a TZ handling issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-8023
that needs a resolution and there is also a new issue that has emerged on
Github Actions/CI https://github.com/apache/nifi/actions which is resulting
in broken builds.  This emerged in the latest Java 11 Azul release and in
Github CI.  I've tried to replicate with no success on a local linux
machine with the exact same JVM/version.

Once these are wrapped I'll initiate the RC.  Great work to all involved in
helping get the release candidate this close.

Thanks
Joe

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:30 AM Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Team,
>
> A couple 1.13 tagged items still lingering.  Going to either kick them out
> or merge them and get going.  Hopefully an RC today or tomorrow.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 7:21 AM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bug confirmed. Working on a PR now.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 8:45 AM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > This morning, I think I found a serious bug in PutCassandraRecord WRT
>> > writing binary data to Cassandra. I'm debugging now. If it's really a
>> > bug, I'd appreciate it if we could squeak a fix into 1.13.

>> for
>> just

>> what i'm

>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/4167

>> bumping
>> 1.13.0. We
>> useful for

>> start the
>> > > > >

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.13.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

>> running on

>> possible
>> should

>> 1.13.0-SNAPSHOT on
I've
>> not

>> (file:.../nifi-1.13.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/java11/jaxb-impl-2.3.0.jar) to
>> > > > > > >
>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
>> further
>> future

>> to:
>> org.apache.nifi.provenance.VolatileProvenanceRepository
>> > > > > > >
>> org.apache.nifi:nifi-provenance-repository-nar:1.13.0-SNAPSHOT but
>> multiple

>> during

>> before
>> them so