nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache NiFi 1.13.0
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2021 06:15:51 GMT
Team,

Ok wow so the issue with build failures that emerged has been resolved it
appears thanks to a lot of effort by exceptionfactory.  The other lingering
commits/PRs are in and I think most of what folks asked for in this
thread.  I just put in a commit which drops a few older/less common nars
from convenience binary inclusion to get us back under the maximum size
again.  And now I think we can initiate RC1 build for 1.13.0.

That should be published in the AM.

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 6:40 AM Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Team,
>
> There is a TZ handling issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-8023 that needs a resolution
> and there is also a new issue that has emerged on Github Actions/CI
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/actions which is resulting in broken
> builds.  This emerged in the latest Java 11 Azul release and in Github CI.
> I've tried to replicate with no success on a local linux machine with the
> exact same JVM/version.
>
> Once these are wrapped I'll initiate the RC.  Great work to all involved
> in helping get the release candidate this close.
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:30 AM Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Team,
>>
>> A couple 1.13 tagged items still lingering.  Going to either kick them
>> out or merge them and get going.  Hopefully an RC today or tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 7:21 AM Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Bug confirmed. Working on a PR now.

>>> closely for
>>> I'll just

>>> what i'm

>>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/4167

>>> pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com>

I'm
>>> bumping
NiFi
>>> 1.13.0. We
>>> useful for

>>> start the
>>> > > > >

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.13.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

>>> running on

>>> possible
>>> should

>>> 1.13.0-SNAPSHOT on
>>> I've not
>>> have

>>> (file:.../nifi-1.13.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/java11/jaxb-impl-2.3.0.jar) to
>>> > > > > > >
>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
>>> further
>>> future

>>> register
>>> to:
>>> org.apache.nifi.provenance.VolatileProvenanceRepository
>>> > > > > > >
>>> org.apache.nifi:nifi-provenance-repository-nar:1.13.0-SNAPSHOT but
>>> multiple

>>> logs during

>>> before
I'd