nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache NiFi 1.13.0
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:18:10 GMT
Otto

Truth is we dont know.  We cannot readily test with the amazing matrix that
exists.  So we are leaning toward ensuring recent versions work as expected.

The goal is java 8 and 11 broadly right now. But these internal changes of
exception types being used are brutal.

Thanks

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 8:15 AM Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joe,
>
> I’m started down that road right after I sent this.  I’ll update when I
> know.
> I _have_ been building nifi with this jdk all along though.
>
> If there are jdk minimum requirements, should they be documented ( or are
> they and I missed it)?
>
> > On Jan 28, 2021, at 09:35, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Otto
> >
> > I dont know we can keep all variants of Java 8 happy.  That one is nearly
> > three years old.  I would say try with something more recent.  It has
> been
> > pretty shocking how many api changes we have seen across these builds.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 6:12 AM Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I’m trying to validate RC-1 and I’m seeing this exception building /
> >> running tests
> >>
> >> [INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP
> >> [ERROR] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> >> 4.499 s <<< FAILURE! - in
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP
> >> [ERROR]
> >>
> testTLSClientAuthRequiredAndClientCertNotProvided(org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP)
> >> Time elapsed: 0.127 s  <<< FAILURE!
> >> java.lang.AssertionError: unexpected exception type thrown;
> >> expected:<javax.net.ssl.SSLException> but was:<java.net.SocketException>
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP.testTLSClientAuthRequiredAndClientCertNotProvided(TestListenTCP.java:159)
> >> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP.runTCP(TestListenTCP.java:209)
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP.lambda$testTLSClientAuthRequiredAndClientCertNotProvided$0(TestListenTCP.java:160)
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestListenTCP.testTLSClientAuthRequiredAndClientCertNotProvided(TestListenTCP.java:159)
> >>

> >> Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
> >> Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.6.3_1/libexec
> >> Java version: 1.8.0_171, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
> >> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_171.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
> >> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> >> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.16", arch: "x86_64", family: “mac"

> [...]
now. If it's
into 1.13.

I'll be watching
anything is dragging

> [...]
> [...]