nifi-users mailing list archives

From Rick Braddy <rbra...@softnas.com>
Subject RE: New to NiFi - Remote Process Group failing to connect due to "magic header" not present
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:57:55 GMT
Hi Aldrin,

Here are the property settings:

# Site to Site properties
nifi.remote.input.socket.port=8081
nifi.remote.input.secure=false

Referencing remote node via http://<IP>:8081/nifi<http://%3cIP%3e:8081/nifi> (not
the UI address, but the separate site-to-site listener, which I see via netstat on target
node)

Rick

From: Aldrin Piri [mailto:aldrinpiri@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2015 3:48 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: New to NiFi - Remote Process Group failing to connect due to "magic header" not
present

Rick,

Welcome to the community!

We seem to be a little short in the documentation department for how to make use of Remote
Process Groups, but will look to remedy that.

Just to confirm a few settings, both your nodes have a nifi.remote.input.socket.port set and
each has nifi.remote.input.secure set to false within your nifi.properties.

From here, are you referencing the remote node via its UI address?  Out of the box, this would
be <server FQDN/IP>:8080/nifi

Thanks,
Aldrin