nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Event-driven process scheduling for RSS feed?
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:13:59 GMT
Rick,

You would be correct in your analysis of GetFile.  GetFile does not have a
processing "mode" where it is driven by incoming files.

Just to clarify, when you are referencing scheduling, that is approaching
"running" of the processor slightly differently, and dictates when the Flow
Controller triggers a processor to execute.  The two modes are closely
related, however.  Some additional details can be located in the User Guide
[1].

Currently, your desired functionality is something that is not currently in
a NiFi processor, and I have created an issue to get it added either as a
likely extension of GetFile, as I can see how it would certainly be
helpful. [2]

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#scheduling-tab