nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: executesql
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 01:55:27 GMT
Eric,

Hello there and glad you're finding goodness in NiFi.

So setting this up.

First step is making sure you have the proper driver for your JAR
available on the classpath.  You could for instance grab the necessary
postgres JDBC driver jar from the postgres site and put it into the
nifi/lib directory then start nifi.

Second step as you noticed is getting the DBConnectionPool setup.  The
properties for that would be something like:

database url = jdbc:postgresql://5.5.5.5:5432/database
database driver classname = org.postgresql.Driver
database user = username
database password = password
...edit other properties as desired...
Then start up that controller services.

Third step is to setup the ExecuteSQL processor.  It references
whatever your new connection pool controller service is called.  Enter
your query.  And fire up the processor.

Does that help?  Please do provide logs/errors about any glitches you
run into and we can help walk through it.

Thanks
Joe