nifi-users mailing list archives

From Rick Braddy <rbra...@softnas.com>
Subject RE: New to NiFi - Remote Process Group failing to connect due to "magic header" not present
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:53:25 GMT
Yes:  http://172.16.150.22:8081/nifi

Thanks

[cid:image001.png@01D0D772.8451C7A0]

From: Corey Flowers [mailto:cflowers@onyxpoint.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2015 3:46 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: New to NiFi - Remote Process Group failing to connect due to "magic header" not
present

Good afternoon Rick,

        Can you tell me the exact url line you have in your rpg?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Rick Braddy <rbraddy@softnas.com<mailto:rbraddy@softnas.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I’m new to NiFi, trying to get my first Remote Process Group configured and working between
two CentOS nodes.  For expediency, I have configured site-to-site port to 8081 and set secure
to false (to avoid dealing with SSL certificate setup for now – will get to that later).

Trying to get two nodes to communicate using Remote Process Group.  Google is not finding
any useful examples of how to set this up and get it to work, so kind of fumbling through
it today (learning a lot, but slow going).

I found the nifil-app.log file and why the Remote Process Group is failing to connect to the
second node.  Not sure why the “Magic Header” isn’t right, but connections are being
closed and getting Read Timeouts on the RPG sending node – the receiving NiFi node is closing
the connection because it thinks the sender isn’t a valid NiFi node due to missing/incorrect
magic header.

2015-08-15 13:28:08,939 ERROR [Site-to-Site Worker Thread-27] o.a.nifi.remote.SocketRemoteSiteListener
Unable to communicate with remote instance null due to org.apache.nifi.remote.exception.HandshakeException:
Handshake with nifi://SoftNAS-RGB1:57336 failed because the Magic Header was not present;
closing connection

Not sure where to go from here to resolve this.

Rick