nifi-users mailing list archives

From Alan Jackoway <al...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Cron syntax
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:01:50 GMT
I believe that NiFi uses the Quartz cron syntax, which is described here:
http://quartz-scheduler.org/api/2.2.0/org/quartz/CronExpression.html

As for why, I believe it is because NiFi uses the Quartz java library to
schedule processes, so it kept with Quartz syntax rather than translating
it. I'm not sure why Quartz uses 6 instead of 5. Probably for more
precision so that you can schedule down to the second if you want to.

Alan