nifi-users mailing list archives

From Rick Braddy <rbra...@softnas.com>
Subject Re: GetHTTP processor to consume public https?
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:49:47 GMT
Recommend we consider including a standard CA cert pack and ship it with NiFi, much like the
browsers do, so basic SSL access is easy by default.

One thing that will help with these kinds of decisions is to decide who the target users are
intended to be for NiFi for a given release.

If it's primarily Java developers and OEM customers, then ignore the above suggestion, as
we can read the docs and pay the vig to get ramped up like everyone.

If it's the average Linux admin, then it's borderline as admins are very time pressed and
would prefer a working solution with little configuration for common tasks.

If it's non-IT and non-developers, then these kinds of technical hurdles must be resolved
for a successful solution out of the box.

My 2c.
Rick

On Sep 5, 2015, at 9:14 AM, Aldrin Piri <aldrinpiri@gmail.com<mailto:aldrinpiri@gmail.com>>