how did i not see that?  Sorry for the pointless question, thank you very much Bryan!

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Devin,

Have you taken a look at UnpackContent [1] ? I think that should be able to unpack a FlowFile where the content is a zip file.

-Bryan

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.UnpackContent/index.html