nifi-users mailing list archives

From Chakrader Dewaragatla <Chakrader.Dewaraga...@lifelock.com>
Subject Re: Nifi on proxy
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 06:17:37 GMT
Matt – Thank you.

I should have clear on my initial email. Our setup has all incoming ports open (no proxy),
all out going ports are proxied. I am able to submit rest calls to the nifi server, I have
problem put/get/list S3 objects. Http/ftp/scp processors has proxy option in config, S3 processors
do not have that config. I would like to know if nifi has some setting to go through proxy
for all outgoing connections or proxy for  put/get/list S3 objects (S3 processors) ?

Thanks,
-Chakri

From: Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com<mailto:matt.c.gilman@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>" <users@nifi.apache.org<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Nifi on proxy

Chakri,

I can provide some background about using NiFi behind a proxy. There are a couple of key items
to know when doing this.

1) NiFi is comprised of a number of web applications (web ui, web api, documentation, custom
ui's, etc). So you'll need to set up your mapping to the root path. That way all context paths
are pass through accordingly. For instance, if you only mapped the /nifi context path, the
custom ui for Update Attributes will not work since it's available at /update-attribute-ui-<version>.

2) NiFi's rest api will generate uri's for each component on the graph. Since your coming
through a proxy, you'll need to override certain elements of the uri's being generated. You
can override the elements of the uri by adding the following HTTP headers when your proxy
generates the HTTP request to the NiFi instance:

X-ProxyScheme - the scheme to use to connect to your proxy (https in this case)
X-ProxyHost - the host of your proxy
X-ProxyPort - the port your proxy is listening on
X-ProxyContextPath - the path you've configured to map to the NiFi instance

Matt

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:32 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com<mailto:Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com>>