nifi-users mailing list archives

From <philippe.gib...@orange.com>
Subject RE: Nifi connection queue monitoring.
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 07:21:27 GMT
Hello
I would like to know if a basic or complex  nifi workflow of processors can be built  just
with REST API calls ie by-passing  the GUI.
More generally if the functional perimeter offered by REST API calls covers the same perimeter
than the one offered by the GUI ?

Phil
Thanks

De : Chakrader Dewaragatla [mailto:Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com]
Envoyé : mardi 3 novembre 2015 01:13
À : users@nifi.apache.org
Objet : Re: Nifi connection queue monitoring.

Thanks Matt, this should help us find the stats.

Thanks,
-Chakri

From: Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com<mailto:matt.c.gilman@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, November 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>" <users@nifi.apache.org<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Nifi connection queue monitoring.

Chakri,

The configuration and the status are decoupled from one another so we don't need to pull back
the entire configuration when a user wants to refresh the statistics frequently. Currently,
the only endpoint available for retrieving status is based on a Process Group. That end point
is

https://{host}:{port}/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/{process-group-id}/status?recursive={true|false}<https://%7bhost%7d:%7bport%7d/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/%7bprocess-group-id%7d/status?recursive=%7btrue|false%7d>

If you want to get the status of every component, you can use the alias "root" for the top
most process group id and set recursive to TRUE. If you want a specific connection, you can
use the process group id of the Process Group that connection resides in. The best way to
see these requests in action is to open up your Developer Tools in your browser and watch
the requests the UI makes.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

Matt

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com<mailto:Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com>>