nifi-users mailing list archives

From Adam Lamar <adamond...@gmail.com>
Subject High CPU usage in FileSystemRepository.java
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 05:27:00 GMT
Hi everybody!

I'm following up from my previous thread about high CPU usage in GetSQS.
I ran into high CPU usage while developing a patch for that processor,
and while investigating with "top", I noticed one NiFi thread in
particular showed high CPU usage, even after turning off all processors
and restarting NiFi.

A jstack showed this thread was busy at FileSystemRepository.java line
1287 [1]. Since that is a continue statement, it suggests that the
thread was churning in the surrounding for loop.

I didn't debug any further, but I did add a sleep statement just before
the continue, and CPU usage dropped wildly, settling around 2-4%.

I hope this is useful information, and I'm happy to debug further if needed.

Cheers,
Adam

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-framework-core/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/controller/repository/FileSystemRepository.java#L1287